We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), General Data Protection Regulation 25 May 2018 (GDPR) and other relevant legislation.
We collect and store personal and non-personal data that you may volunteer as part of making a purchase or as an e-mail sign-ups.
Personal information we collect may include:
- Your full name, title and date of birth
- Postal address, email address and phone number
- IP (internet protocol) address
- Payment card details (these are not stored)
Non-personal information we collect includes: IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet) and web pages accessed. This helps us to determine how many people use our website, how regularly they visit, and how popular our webpages are. This information does not tell us anything about who you are or where you live, but it does help us monitor and improve our service.
We store personal data using strict safekeeping and confidentiality measures on secure servers. Only authorised Jem + Bea staff who need to process your data will have access to it.
By disclosing your personal information to us via jemandbea.com, by phone, in writing or by email, you are giving us your consent to collect, store and process your personal information in the manner described in this Notice. The information we hold will be accurate and up-to-date within our knowledge.
While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur when it is under our control, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this. Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and while we do our best to try to protect the security of your information we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while data is being transferred.
We will use the information you provide to:
- Process sales transactions, or other payments and verify financial transactions
- Handle and deliver orders and communicate with you about them
- Record any contact we have with you
- Communicate with our customers
To undertake our business activities we sometimes have to share your information with third parties such as our database and IT providers and our mailing house, which handles our direct postal communications with you. We only choose partners we trust and will only pass personal data to them if they have signed a contract that requires them to:
- abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act
- treat your information as carefully as we would
- only use the information for the purposes it was supplied (and not for their own purposes or the purposes of any other organisation)
- allow us to carry out checks to ensure they are doing all these things
We do not share or sell your personal information for other organisations to use for their own purposes, unless it is for the reasons given above.
Cookies are small text files that are deposited on your computer’s disk when you visit a site and may be sent back to that site when you visit again. This enables websites to know if you have visited before, but not to identify you individually.